Saturday, March 21, 2015

DEAR G-D IN HEAVEN

     I have no words. After Shabbat I opened the computer with thoughts of a blog in my head but first checked news sources of the day and there it was. To my horror, I read the story of a large family, a Jewish family of the Syrian community in Brooklyn, who suffered an unfathomable tragedy. A mother in critical condition in a burn unit, a daughter in the same condition in another hospital and seven children dead, with neighbors reporting hearing the voices of children calling, "Mommy, help me."
     How much worse could this get? Much worse, when this tragedy was made even worse when I realized that this was a former student of mine, a lovely, sweet, bright young lady, quiet and gentle and now.....
     We say Baruch Dayan Emet - blessed be the true judge, but dear Lord in Heaven, this is hard, so hard. My heart goes out to the family and the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment