Wednesday, March 18, 2015

WHO AM I AND WHAT DO I DO WITH TIME?

          Today we are a bit introspective and contemplative, probably because someone asked me yesterday why I keep on, particularly after I showed this person my lovely store of sent comments, sent to try to hurt and threaten rather than respond in a responsible manner.
     I am a person who sometimes sees the passionate fighter for a better world that was around in my days of old. I see the one who debated with feeling and facts, the one who just KNEW that things could be made better - at least until life subsumed me with its daily necessities as Gerry and I married young, still in college, and had to build and sustain a life for ourselves.
     Yet the drive to right a wrong, to speak up when something needed to be changed or adjusted, remained and sometimes I even got "in trouble" for it, for saying what I believed needed to be said, but so what? That drive is still here. The need to fix what is unfair or simply just plain wrong, - is all still here, and while the big job of fixing the world at large has to fall more and more into the hands of the younger generations, there are things we can do.
     What is going on here in the Village is wrong. People are being chastised in the UCO office because they take three pieces of candy rather than two? And really, who paid for that candy if not us? Why have it there at all if it is such a concern. We would all be better off for it anyway!!! But more seriously, people are being blocked from UCO itself, its committees, its information and UCO picks and chooses what it will and won't do, so there are serious lacks in what it provides for the associations and please, not the legal bit again. Giving needed advice and having a discussion is not legal advice; it is called aid in a time of need. I am glad that David Israel acted on my suggestion at the DA that we have a class on identity theft rather than hearing just warnings about it and perhaps he might now act on other suggestions I have made. Right! One can dream, can't one?
     Napoleon once stated, "Ask me for anything but time." And so it is now at our stage in life, Act III. We begin to get a bit impatient. The scenes are moving quickly and time is a limited area, after all we have to schedule all between the doctor appointments, right? Seriously, it is hard to wait for someone to see the light, but wait we must though we soldier on and see areas of progress, but until the day comes when the books and doings of UCO are open and transparent to all, we must continue towards that goal - and so we will.
      Next year's election campaign has already begun. The key issue right now, my friends, is to get term limits reinstated as they were for all of our history until the current president decided that his need to control trumped all. Why he feels this need so deeply is a mystery. There is so much in life that is right out there and it is so easy to step out of one's office and get a life, mingle with people, talk with people, smell the coffee and the roses.
     So for all of us, when we become somewhat introspective, especially as we view that strange but familiar face in the mirror, think what we want to do with our time and what we need to do with our time. Balance the needs of yourself with the needs of the community and find a balance that works for you. Me, I love doing my blog where no one can censor me, only myself, and I can write on anything I want. Granted, it is not the book people expected me to write after retirement, but perhaps when I retire again then I will find the time for that!
     In the meanwhile, enjoy life. Get involved, read, walk and laugh a lot. Talk with friends and take a walk. Watch a program you recorded or TV'oed and enjoy. It is YOUR time. Me? think I will go watch the last episode of Walking Dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment