Thursday, August 27, 2015

MY DADDY IS PRESIDENT, WHAT DOES YOUR DADDY DO?

     Remember that song, I believe from the early 60's when America was in love with its Presidential family, with an ideal that we thought we had? A simpler time, a time when we believed that there could be honesty and altruism in our elected officials. Would that we could believe that again. Would that the few and far between who are honest and brave, forthright and honorable, were more in number.
     So what do we expect from our homegrown politicians? As far as I am concerned and as far as many of our concerned citizens are, right now we can expect nothing but lies and deceit, vague statements and downright stupidity. Yesterday's meeting of the CV Messenger proved the point as we saw more and more of new faces, of delegates, who came to hear, to look and to ask questions.
     But why can we not expect and GET honesty from David Israel? From Ed Black? Oops, he is not even an elected official. My bad. From Phyllis Siegelman? Oops, she just resigned. And another one bites the dust! From any one of the VPs or the Treasurer? Just what is going on in their heads that they think they can get away with it? Well, have I got news for you - and no, it is not raining men. What it is raining is honest, strong, questioning younger people who are blasting forth with concerns and questions as to why we seem to be stuck with this guy in office and why can we not rid ourselves of him? Anyone hear the toll of the bell?
     And if we are on the topic of honesty and forthrightness, let me add in a word to those who seem to need it in order to understand just who and what I am and represent. I believe that I represent the long and proud history of honest journalism, of journalists who were and are not afraid to print the truth, to expose the lies. I try to do this in my own small way and in no way do I compare my efforts and achievements with the world class journalists. But I do try to emulate those of the past, the ones who did not make up stories to impress people with their supposed "bravery and courage" in search of their stories.
     Am I brave? Maybe? Someone told me I was because I withstood David Israel and Ed Black and Don Foster and Peter Cruise, etc. as they threw filth and threats at me, be it in the elections or on the blog. Who gives a ..... what they say? Ooohh, sorry, left out my dear friend Grace Macklin. Sorry, dearie. What I am after is what they do and yes, what they say, in pursuit of their selfish goals, of their foolish goals that will harm us even further, deeper.
     What am I after? Honesty. That is a trait that I have been taught to honor and follow, seek and apply, since I can remember. It was a trait that the family, nuclear and extended, followed and they believed in speaking up, in writing letters to any and sundry to express a point, to expose an injustice or incorrect dealing with someone.
     So, do I speak bluntly? Yes, I do. Do I sometimes use a more sophisticated word? Yes, I do, but I did offer free tutoring to David et al who seem to have trouble understanding. I do not know any other way and if it is strong for some, too bitter to their tongues, to their hearts and minds, well, take a chill pill and understand that the truth is not always nice, not a sugar pill to swallow and even Mary Poppins could not make it go down easier with her spoonful of sugar. Truth is truth and we need to face it, to face up to errors we might have made and might make in the future. And treating the electorate as dummies incapable of understanding and just leading them by the nose is not my gig, and belongs to David and his cronies.
     If one prefers lies, then please, do not read my blog. Do not read my articles in the CV Messenger. Please read the Rag where truth is withheld, not printed, for it would be dangerous to their nefarious plans. Do read David's personal blog on which he now barely writes as anything he says is proven incorrect, lies, and incompetent at best. But if you want the unvarnished truth, please, read my blog, read Gary's blog, read the CV Messenger, come to meetings, including the DA and committee sessions, stand and ask questions and don't just vaguely wave your ballot in the air. This is supposed to be an exercise of democracy and the principles which are the foundations of our country. Exercise them proudly, honestly, with thought, not just a groan to show David Israel that you are his acolyte. Show people that you are a thinker, a demander of truth, a good person.
     And by the way, I hope we do not hear Don Foster's name as a proposed replacement for Phyllis S. Lordy, lordy, but that would be the proverbial straw, the sight and act that even a blind man could see. Let us just get on with the amendments that will save our UCO administration as it should be, as one fulfilling our rights as Americans with freedom of speech, of the press and representation for our taxation. Term limits will certainly help.

No comments:

Post a Comment