Thursday, April 28, 2016

THE GOOD AND THE SAD

Three years have passed since my mom went to join my dad and team up on G-d and I and my siblings have been orphans. Even at an advanced age that word means something. It is the loss of the supporting structure of one's life. It is the loss of the hugs and kisses, the 100% on your side encouragement and the forever fact of being someone's baby.
For more years than I care to remember I have been missing the advice of my father. the sharing of his letters, of our mutual beliefs
... and for three years I have missed the love of a mother, the incomparable love that can only be understood by another child. It is the fact that no matter the time of day or the content of that "important" phone call to share in pride and joy or loss and troubles - that phone call is always welcome. How many times have I reached for that phone and then pull my hand slowly away, tears at the ready, the gaping hole just as big as the day it happened.
I love you, Mommy, my Nellie, the person who looks out at me from the mirror. I value all that you did for me, all that you taught me and I hope that I honor your memory. Please keep a watch on all of us, on the kids, don't bother Pop too much and G-d has many troubles, so stick to the important issues. Love you and miss you beyond words.

I will not be posting Friday and Saturday due to the holiday. See you sometime on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment