Thursday, August 30, 2018

THAT KIND OF A MORNING

     Ever have that kind of a morning just when you most emphatically do not need it?! Well, today is my day for it. Had to get up early as had an early appointment at doctor, then almost immediately after, another, but that one is at least a half hour away. So need to get up early, usually not a problem, but today I could not get myself out of bed. I was still zonked!!
     Finally moving, there is a crisis in plumbing so quick changes in plans and finally dressed and ready for breakfast but oops, forgot to take pill a half hour ago! Dang it!! Got no time for this today! So what will happen if I skip the pill? Hmmm, got no choice. Oh, well, here goes nuthin'.
     But nuthin' seems to be what is going around lately. Trump seems to have nothing going for him even though I cannot understand why he has even one ally left. His lawyers are legal jokes, keep quitting or getting fired or turning up as allies to the government and as one report said today, "Winter is coming". And a big OH Yeah!! to that.
     But what it presages for the country is not so good. Pence is a creep, a scary one and I particularly am worried about his religious craziness. Trump simply cannot be allowed to stay though, so what do we do? No clue, folks. I did not make this mess, but the people who did seem to have no clue either. Oops.
     The country is in for a continuum of bad mornings. Race is rearing its ugly head and the country is spinning into disaster. Why and wherefore in today's times we are still struggling with primitive emotions like that is beyond me. Seems to me that we had better realize we all bleed red and these nonsensical and hurtful comments about and to others make no sense and in fact, increase the danger level. Where will it lead to? Your guess is as good as mine, but I fear nothing good at all.
     It seems the only one to come out on top lately is a dead man, whose carefully thought out last wishes and plans made many points. His choices for pallbearers sent a message of unit, of comity, of America, and he even put one over on Putin with his Russian pallbearer. He disinvited the troublemaker of the world, Trump, and what a statement that is and  all we got from that fool was a bunch of childish gestures, faces and misspelled and ungrammatical tweets.
    So gotta' go, get ready and get the hell out, but at least I know my morning will not include the bear in the driveway that a poor UPS guy faced in his deliveries!! Always someone worse off, I guess. Gotta' run. See ya' tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment