Sunday, February 24, 2019

I WONDER IF

          I wonder about many things, some good, some bad, but what I wonder quite a bit about now is the future. Ever since that Demented One decided to run, in an attempt to boost the bottom line of his Trump Organization, I have wondered what our bottom line will look like by 2020 - should we make it to then. How much of our integrity and unity as a nation will remain and what can we do with it to bolster the propects for the future.
      Over these three years and into the fourth I have become more and more concerned. He was a joke, a doofus, one who thought he could take his fake TV personna to the masses and lo and behold we found that the disunity of the country was far more than we had thought and protest votes made it possible for him to win the Electoral College votes. But remember - he did NOT win the popular vote, which is how we all thought the elections are decided. Wrong, so wrong, so wrong in so many ways.
     Never theless, we are stuck with the results - but are we? It is now evident that the election was tampered with and I have maintained all along that he is not our legitimately elected President. I certainly feel he is not mine, for sure! But be that as it may, what do we do and more urgently, what do we do to insure that we get the full results of the Mueller investigation in all its aspects, that it is publicized, transparent and let the truth come out, whatever it is.
     Do I think that I and so many others are wrong about what we expect to read? No, but I am willing to accept that he is just a mean,nasty, pervert with greed uppermost in his mind, with no care for anything or anyone other than his own business and his three older children who are just as greedy and culpable in all his misdeeds. Still, it would mean that he has committed crimes and no person should be above the law. No false claim of executive privilege should allow one to escape consequences of misdeeds.
     Will that be accepted? The weak Republicans who are willing to shred the Constitution, ruin the checks and balances system, weaken their own right, will never go along with what is right. They appear to have lost all moral values and strength. But there is one more issue that must be addressed.
     Did Trump knowingly collude with the Russians both pre and post election and moreover, is he continuing to do so? That, my friends, is the crux of the matter. That a sitting President should collude with the enemy just boggles the mind. Worse, at least for me, is the fact that every comment I have made re the Demented One, re his tainted offspring and the underwhelming Jared, the fears for the future - all that are of timeliness have come true and even if I was an outlier at times - I am not now. Mainstream media, analysts, etc. are saying the same things and so what is left?
    What is left is the most frightening of all. I have long wondered, in silence and out loud at the future plans of this man and those who support him, benefit from his misguided - at the very least - behavior and statements. I have worried about the possibility of civil war, armed struggles between the two sides of what America will be in the future. I have long wondered aloud about his plans to take over the ountry, to become our first dictator or king - take your choice. I was told I was over the line, but was I? I wish I was, but yesterday I read an opinion piece by a very bright person, who asked the question - what if Trump loses the 2020 election? What then? Will he leave the Oval Office? Will he go peacefully? And remember, this is the man who already stated in 2016 that he did not know if he would accept the results of the election if he were to lose.
     So what now? What now when we have an NRA magazine with large printed words - TARGET PRACTICE - alongside the pictures of Nancy Pelosi and Gabby Gifford, already a victim of a shooting attack. What now? Have we not learned a damn thing about gun violence? Have we not learned a damn thing about the motivational power behind words and pictures, that there are people out there who will act on them? Have already done so? Is this where we are at and if so, then the answer to the question above, will there be a peaceful turnover - hangs in the balance, a scary balance.
     So I wonder. The Mueller Report. The publication of it. The consequences. The disunity of the nation. The dangerousness of the Demented One and his followers, his evil planners - and yes, they are evil. Today there is talk of natural and man made catastrophes such as we have never experienced, world changing, but is this possibility not also world changing and are we ready for it? Are we willing to accept it, should it happen? Are we going to see armed troops in the  streets of the nation? Have we totally lost our way? I wonder - and so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment