Monday, April 29, 2019

MOMMY

      Yesterday was the seventh anniversary of my mother's passing. Expected, yet still a shock, it hit all hard, arrows straight to the heart and soul. I could write all day about my mom and how I miss her, but my grandson wrote a beautiful piece in commemoration of yesterday and it made me realize how strong my mother's connection was and still is to everyone in the family andhow we all miss her, even as she remains an integral part of our family. Read Zach's memorial. I am so proud of him and I know my parents are "shepping nachas" (having pride - but more than that) from Above.
          
Dear Tata Natie,
Today was your 7th yartzheit. I can’t believe you have been gone for so long. I miss you. I miss talking to you. I miss having you in my life.
The stories I know about you, the experiences I had with you, and the people you loved shape my life each and every day.
We often call the important and powerful women in our lives an “אשת חיל”. In that poem, the following pasuk appears:
שֶׁ֣קֶר הַ֭חֵן וְהֶ֣בֶל הַיֹּ֑פִי אִשָּׁ֥ה יִרְאַת־יְ֝הוָ֗ה הִ֣יא תִתְהַלָּֽל׃
Grace is deceptive, Beauty is illusory; It is for her fear of the LORD That a woman is to be praised.
(Mishlei 31:30)
It is very easy to be a “public servant” of God, to be openly and clearly a religious person. It is much tougher to instill in one’s very actions and self a sense of kindness, of duty, of love. That is what you represent to me.
Tata, I know you are in שמים with Saba Natie, and we need you to keep on “justing” for us. Make sure that HaShem keeps on watching over us, and keep on keeping your family, and over all of us.
I miss you and I love you.
Love,
Zachy

No comments:

Post a Comment