Tuesday, July 19, 2022

OOPS! SORRY ABOUT THAT!

 Could not sleep again last night, so decided to make productive use and worked on my latest jigsaw puzzle. I must say that a quicker path to insanity has yet to be found! Particularly when there is much repetition and very difficult to distinguish differences in sections of it. Challenging, but fun. Finally went back to try to sleep at 1 AM and then 'overslept' till 7:30! Yoiks!! Life had gone on without me and the blog was not written. The world had continued to weave its massive spider web in which we were all enmeshed and I was unaware of it all.

However, not everybody was on my somewhat delayed schedule, so the blog kept getting pushed to the end of the line. Phone calls of every morning had to be made. Ordering the condo needed to be done. Pill regimen needed to be begun. Unexpected things, big and small, kept invading my good intentions, and here I finally am. After receiving several emails asking if I am alive or dead! Happy to say, I am here.

So, what I had was the equivalent of an MH day, albeit a short one in the middle of the night, otherwise known as a mental health day for the tired, the too busy, those needing a break. Why should a retiree need a break? Seems almost oxymoronic, but if anybody again ever asks me what I do all day, if I am overcome by boredom, if I need to build some structure to my day, my life, .... Suffice it to say that he/she who is bored in retirement has the wrong idea of what it means.

Retirement is the opportunity of a lifetime. Time to branch out into interests which always intrigued you but never had the time or energy to pursue. Time to see shows, at a much better price than in NY. Time for museums and lectures, even webinars. Time to find family thought to be lost to the murderous Nazis. Time to find amazing things within one, new talents or at least interests. Time to read more, to think more, to even wonder where the heck this crazed world is heading, for we seem to spin more and more off our axis. And thus, the end of the benefits of my short MH day. All it took was a brief perusal of the headlines.

18 Republicans vote against admitting Finland and Sweden into NATO. How patriotic and all the same blasted names again. Quelle surprise! Next up we have the idiots of the world, represented so well by our homegrown American idiots, like Marjorie Taylor Greene, who has not met a ridiculous conspiracy rumor that she did not like and champion. Following her is the AG candidate in Maryland who is pro secession and insists that all education is a communist conspiracy. Hmmm, from the same line of thinking, I guess, as Putin, who stated that from now on the Russian schools must 'infect" - his term - the students so as to make them think properly, be good little citizens. Sickens me that we have adherents of the same school of thinking, no matter from the left, the right or the selfish and uncaring.

The lid of the garbage can is off. The fumes and vapors of the criminal, treasonous years of Trump regime are emerging, putrid and poisonous, faster than we can catch and negate them. The filth of the traitors, their enablement of plots, their attraction to a revolution against this country, for that is what it was, the confessions of the guilty, the participants, and the unbelievable moronic stubbornness, mule headed beyond all borders of sanity, who continue to believe in the 'steal' of the election - when will they ever learn? 

When will the harm they have inflicted upon this country ever be truly accounted for and the divisions healed? My guess - never. I am that pessimistic. There are too many crazed people around who see nothing before them, not the nose on their faces nor the noses on others. All they see is what they wish to see, truthful or not. As for others, well, they are obviouly inferior, thus having no rights at all to see or say anything. 

Think it is time for another MH day, but the reality is that even a dozen of them will not change the world any. What it will do is give me the energy and focus to fight for what is right, not give in to the fascists of the world. I hope. Now, it is off to the races again, too busy to focus on it right now. Puzzle pieces await. Friends are waiting. Books are calling out to me. The paints stare me in the face and my woodwork needs a challenge. Bye, till tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment