Wednesday, April 30, 2014

FRIENDS

     After writing this morning's post and then answering a poor soul who cannot remember his name or the rules of decency, one so called Fred Sanford, I needed to think of something kind and good in life and that came easily to mind - friends and the role they play in life.
     One does not need thousands of friends, but one does need a good friend, one who will tell the truth and try to make your life a better place simply by being in it. I am so lucky in having my best friend living with me, friends since I was 14 and he was 16.My life is indeed a better place simply for having him in it.
     Luck and good fortune have been given to me in huge amounts as I think of the many wonderful people in my life. All the new people who morphed from political allies to good friends, who talk and who listen. All the good people of the Village who worked so hard for the right reasons and who have given me encouragement to try again.
     I think of one of my oldest or long term friends, shall I say, who has been there for me since we were 11. They do not make them any better than this, a kind heart, an open heart, always there whether I deserve it or not.
     I think of the many wonderful people who were in my working life, the students, teachers and parents and how many friendships were forged during those years and know that my life has been enriched by them. I send out thanks to all of you.
     And I think of my friends here, in the Village, friends with whom we have reconnected, who make life here enjoyable, full of laughter and shared laughter and tears. I think of the people of my synagogue who supported me in my election campaign, a wonderful gift to me and I think of new friends I have made, people met in the course of business relationships who too have morphed into some of the best friends we have. They have become integral parts of our life, from a physical therapist who has stood by and with me thru rough times and many times if not for her, I shudder to think where I might be right now. No more knees to do but she is in my life as a friend, one of the best around. I think of an investor who has carved a niche in our lives as well, also sharing the moments of life with us and I think, how lucky Gerry and I are, how blessed by G-d we are to be able to share so much of life with caring others. 
     This is life, and together with a wonderful family, what more can one ask for?
     Please, leave the sourness out of this blog. Yes, one may criticize but in mature and positive manners, with suggestions that merit thought. One can disagree, but do so with civility. I could not get that civility elsewhere in the Village from some people, but this is my blog, and here I can demand it. How liberating! So how many REAL friends do you have, Fred Sanford? Shame on you. Grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment