Wednesday, October 22, 2014

CV'S VERSION OF LOYALTY OATHS A LA DAVID ISRAEL

     Last year David Israel and crew ,especially Gorodetzer, decided to make it mandatory that all those running for UCO office sign a paper stating that they live in CV for at least nine months of the year. Roberta Fromkin had it on her list of requisites and finally, when people were not signing, they insisted that all stand up and say it aloud at a delegate assembly. I DID NOT. I refused to sign it and I did not swear or say it as I was in the hospital or rehab at the time recovering from surgery. And guess what? Nothing happened. I did not melt and neither did anyone else and no one doubted that I was a resident as I have often stated that this is my ONLY residence and I own only the one unit, unlike some other people in UCO. 
     This year they have gone even one "better". Now, in addition to signing a form which states that you live here for at least nine months, you also have to sign that  you are not in arrears to one's association. Really? Do you think we are all dumb as to your motives and the consequences of signing such a statement? I have been told by many attorneys to NEVER sign ANYTHING that could open doors into other related areas where people have no business going. My finances are open books to the IRS and my attorney who drew up our will. My payments to the association in which I reside is THEIR business and that of our management company. It is not the business of ANYONE else. If these people say they have an issue with me or any other candidate from their association or management company, then it is their right to speak up or not - not for UCO to dare to presume to ask.
     If UCO is suddenly so concerned about the background of people, there are many others and more important issues. How about checking up on criminal background of potential owners and renters and stop weaseling out on responsibility for letting crooks and criminals in. How about helping associations that are struggling with all elderly elderly residents and who are taken advantage of by embezzlers? How about making sure that no sexual perverts or offenders move into the Village?
    But no, what you are interested in is setting up people from opt out associations who will no longer pay any Wi Fi money to UCO and then you will use that to say - you lied when you signed.
     So, while I have not made up my mind about running for any office - I enjoy what I am doing right now, should I run - I will not sign any such letter and if I were told I could not run, I will get an injunction to stop elections if I have to.

     It is time we all read carefully what comes out of UCO and watch very carefully for the traps they set, all in order to maintain their positions and grubby little hands on our funds.
     There is no Joe McCarthy here in the Village and David Israel, Marilyn Gorodetzer, et al are no substitutes nor are they welcome to try. Stop treating the residents here as dupes, always ready to fall into your sandtraps. Stop trying to scare people so that they do not run as they do not want any problems from you. If I say I have no impediments to stop me from fulfilling my responsibilities then that is enough. In fact, it is more than many UCO personnel can say right now. Sad fact, that.

No comments:

Post a Comment