Thursday, December 14, 2023

PROCRASTINATION

  Good morning. Or is it. Normally I am sitting by my computer at a godawful early hour and typing away at my posting. After a futile attempt to sleep, unsure where my golden boy was sleeping, for was his passing procedure complete or not - I came down to write. And found myself perusing articles and sites hitherto unknown to me. I read myriad presentations of the news of the world, yet my fingers refused to type and my brain, such as it is, refused to allow me to compilate sentences, one coherent thought to get me on my way. 

How does one write when the heart is shattered, not broken, but in tiny pieces. How does one react when suddenly Yitzy's voice is heard singing rather enthusiastically, a favorite song of his, and the joy was heard in that voice. Then the immediate letdown and a quiet return to conversation. 

Yitzy's mission on earth was done and G-d called him back, too pure to remain in the ugliness of the world today. Perhaps there is a miracle in that one day his words or influence will cause someone to do or not do something of major existential importance. Maybe, but at present I find no deep comfort in those words for Yitzy was ours. Little boys are not entrusted with such heavy duties.  

Back to the blank slate. What more can I say? The entire world seems to have focused on hatred of Jews, even if that hate is based on totally incorrect and self contradictory content. All sorts of brouhahas are erupting with boycotts and marches and hearings and committees, but the end result will be either a settling down if the hatemongers are truly shut down and educators are true educators, not propogandists of vile prejudice or it will grow like the monstrous horror it is and well, been there, done that, haven't we? 

Well, I certainly am not blank slate now, but perhaps it would have been better if I were, at least for today. 

Again, a thank you to all who were so gracious in their help and comfort, in the sharing of our sorrow with us and the laughter as we each told our favorite Yitzy stories. 

Take a look at the website for Yitzy's Torah, his last wish. Please donate what you can and share in the mitzvah. 

Yitzy's Torah (charidy.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment