Wednesday, May 25, 2016

EYEFULS AND EARFULS

     Had a godawful time of 5:30 for a flight this morning so no time to write. Up all nite so as not to oversleep and am now working on one cylinder!But my kids over here in Pittsburgh will reenergize me, for sure! The flights this morning, to Atlanta and then to Pittsburgh were definitely the funniest ever. No problems, just a definite picture of life in these Unite States.
     First, we figured that arrival at 4:15 AM would be good enough as the place did not open before that but when we got there, people had already been sitting in their cars since 3:30AM because the airline said to arrive two hours prior to flight. Poor things. And inside, we had a line of over fifty people and by the time we finished the line was down the entire check in floor!
     So, in our seats, book out, ready to read and fly when a loud voice from the other side, front row, took over and one could not help but hear the conversation, rather one sided at that. Evidently she had never heard of the HIPPA law as I now know all there is to know about her medical history. It was fascinating. How many times she coded, her transplant, her current maladies, her parents and their reactions. It took up the entire flight so no pages were read by me at all. I did not look at her at all when we deplaned as I was too embarrassed to do so. Especially as when she got up once to use the lavatory it became clear to all who saw that she was going commando and her pants were not exactly waist high. Interesting flight.
   
     But before we leave this segment, must tell you of my seatmate. Well endowed, she took up more than her seat and overflowed onto my leg and into my air space. She shifted around constantly in her sleep and I must confess that I did not know what to do, so I kept my mouth shut and just listened to the first lady. I must say though that I really do feel that if someone is oversize, fine, but please pay for two seats.
          So, off we went to wait for the next flight and saw lots of intriguing sights. One man had a head closeshaved except for a patch in the middle and this patch had a teeny tiny ponytail or bun or whatever and no, he was wearing regular clothes, no religious thing. Another question - why are so many otherwise normal women of mature age wearing green and purple and blue hair? Any one have an answer for this?
     On to the plane. Great seat, up front, put my Times and my phone down on it and stood opposite it on the plane, in my own space, no blocking the aisle. Too much sitting already. Along come two giggling ladies who asked me if the two seats were taken. I said no and they moved in, right past me and then one takes off my paper and boarding pass and phone and tosses it onto the middle seat. Now wait a minute! I was quiet when I had someone "visit" my seat in the first flight but this was too much. I said, "Excuse me, my seat, please" and I got an answer that said that since I was standing they figured I did not care. Huh! Say what?
     Finally, ensconced in  my seat I figured I could
rest easy, but no such luck. 8:30 in the morning and these two laughing ladies asked for drinks, mimosas, vodkas, little swords and whatnot. I checked my watch for the time and then figured that I knew why they were so full of giggles. Good lord, was there a run on craziness today? But there was a good thing today. Two little girls, about 7 or 8 were flying alone to family. They asked to sit next to each other, two strangers, who then giggled the whole flight thru and comforted each other for the ear pain and the scary liftoff and turns of the planes. One little African American and one little Caucasian. Would that we could multiply them.
     Eyefuls and earfuls. Traveling these United States. Wonder what the way home will present.

No comments:

Post a Comment