Wednesday, September 6, 2017

DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY

     I had a posting all ready in my head, waiting to be typed, went to bed and woke up to horror, seeing the possible path of Irma. And I thought again of all I wished to say - the horror and the hypocrisy of Trump and Sessions re the Dreamers, trying to tell us of their anguish. Well, they can take that and shove it as far as I am concerned. I thought of the violations of our rights, of our safety regulations they are cancelling and then I turned to Irma.
     Irma is an example, a horrific one, of what will continue to happen as we desecrate more and more of the rules of Nature, as we keep changing, for the bad, our climate conditions, as we continue to refuse to recognize what has been done and what now must be done. But right now, those on the islands, and I remember the shacks we saw on Antigua and the horror grows for there is no way to survive in them - my prayers are with them.
     And I see the new track, the new proliferation of the ensemble tracks all congregating in my neighborhood - and who the hell wants them!! And I am frightened to death. For several reasons we had to go up north now, thank G-d, and I will not be here for the impact at the moment of it, but my heart and soul are with all my friends here, all the people we have met during our years here, and I think of the parting statement that all say now, even the doctor's scheduler who calls to cancel. "Stay safe. Stay safe."
     And that is what I desperately wish for us all. Hunker down. Share the water. Hold hands. Be with someone with hurricane windows and shutters and hope they hold. But no one ever planned for these winds, for a Hurricane Cat 4 or terrible 5. Have your meds with you. Plan for survival for more than three days. and let us keep pushing that track over into the Atlantic far away from us.
     I hope and pray that we do not lose all we have in this world and I cringe and cry inside at the thought. But even more important is that none of us lose a life. And I pray, Lord, that You look down upon us, Your terrified creations, and think again over what is to happen. Look down and give us a break! Lessen its power and impact. Keep us safe. Keep us whole. And let us hopefully learn a lesson, a powerful one indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment