Heroes emerge from the ranks of regular people, whether the people are unknown or even known. Sometimes it is even harder for a well-known person to stand up and step up front and say what is right and what is true in the pressures that he knows or she knows is going to be applied to them. Such a person is the singer Boy George, a singer from decades ago. He was well-known, but more recently has been pretty quiet, out of the public eye.
Suddenly, a couple of days ago I get an email, which I opened up, and it is a Jewish organization which is presenting his new song. His song is called Od Nirkod, We Will Dance Again, referring to October 7th and specifically the slaughter that took place there, at the Nova Festival and in the areas of the attacks.
The whole turning of the world as they saw and fought ever so hard to state the wrong, deny the truth, and to spout forth words of hate against Israel, and in fact, all Jews, no matter how they try to paint over that truth. Cursing them and demeaning them for the "crime" of self-defense. For wanting this whole business to end, finally. To stop a violent manifestation of a Hate that burns within their breasts and black hearts. Hate spewing forth for the sin of Israel to defending itself, daring to do so, daring to finally want an end to all of this that has been going on since time immemorial.
One of the saddest things I find about this is how many people, upon hearing these words, this song and their reaction to it. I quote "Wow, he is so brave!” Isn't that a sad commentary on life that to do the right thing, to behave as the song says, "like a human". What does that say about us and the world?
Yesterday, today, tomorrow,
Does it ever change.
Below you will find the lyrics. You can probably hear the song if you go to Aish, or Boy George's site, or YouTube or Spotify.
Well worth it and Kudos to Boy George, a modern-day hero.
Od Nirkod - We Will Dance Again
You say genocide, I say war.
When you’re attacked, it’s what the army’s for
Does it get ugly? You bet it does.
When I know you wanna kill, every last one of us.
Every last one of us. Every last one of us.
You never mention October 7. Young girls raped against trees.
Murdered brutally. For the crime of dancing. You condemn the Jews.
With selective memory. Musicians holding flags, mouthing like sheep.
Propaganda fueled by the internet. It feels so weak.
But trust me, we will dance again.
We will dance again.
We will dance again.
And there won’t be no war.
But if you’re ever confused, I stand with the Jews.
I don’t feel brave I just need to behave like a human.
But trust me, we will dance again.
We will dance again.
We will dance again.
And there will be no war.
But if you’re ever confused, I stand with the Jews.
I don’t feel brave I just need to behave like a human.
[In Hebrew] You say genocide, I say war, when they come to kill you.
No comments:
Post a Comment