Friday, April 1, 2016

A MOMENT OF ANGER, A MOMENT OF DISAPPOINTMENT

     It is said that people often bring down troubles  on their own heads. Today's DA was an example of that. After listening to a few speakers anti term limits, buddies of you know who, and mostly fallacious reasoning, I spoke and I must say that I know the reason we are in this mess. Jackie Karlin, an infant of 75 or so, cannot withstand the temptation to boo and make nasty comments, truly grown up and mature and the other infants follow along. How can we expect mature and thought out reasoning from such fools - and even worse, but I will be a lady and not use those words.
     So shame on those of you who voted no on the amendment and double shame on those of you who were pro but simply could not be bothered to show up. Thanks to those who did and those who came to support, but the apathy in this Village is amazing in a terribly negative way. When in two years or so, down the line, when the Village is a broken down bankrupt piece of land with putrid and reeking waters, when the vegetation is dying or overgrown, when there is no money in the pot to fix - and when the Levys pull out and the Village is left to drown in its own garbage of its own making, do not come crying to those of us who foresaw the future.
     Already there are people not buying in to the Village because they know of its issues and more and more people are voting with their feet, buying into other CVs or other gated communities. Those of you who think you are immune as this is only a vacation home - think again.
     As far as I am concerned, I have had it and I will wait this whole thing out until there is a turnover in UCO, that the useless and the dangerous go elsewhere. I will continue to remark on the goings on but will not run nor care to take part in anything and will not bang my head against the wall any longer. My advice is not welcome, David does not even want my presence, never mind that I break out in a rash when I see him and if the rest of you are comfortable in supporting a misanthropic misogynist who hides in his lair and talks only to three people and never comes to shows or even takes a walk around the Village - then on your head be it. And if I see a hurried disintegration, I, too, will vote with my feet and good riddance to bad rubbish.









wELL, TODAY'S da WAS A PERFECT EXAMPLE. a VOTE WAS TAKEN ON RESTORING TERM LIMITS AND A FEW PEOPLE SPOKE. ONE PERSON WAXED ON ABOUT THE WORD FIVE AND ITS MEANING BUT NEVER CONNECTED IT TO ANTIO TERM LIMITS SO SO MUCH FOR THAT BABBLE. oTHER SNOW BIRDS TALKED AND SAID NOTHING AND aNITA bUCHANAN USED THE SAME FALLACIOUS REASONING OF IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SOMEONE DO NOT VOTE FOR THEM. tOO BAD THE REALITY OF IT IS NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment