Monday, June 11, 2018

MINI STAYCATION

     Today, today is the day I take a mini vacation, a staycation. Ain't going anywhere. Just relaxing around the place and trying to ignore that disheveled, pouting infant in a man's bloated body who has brought us to the cusp of war with our allies, as we find out more and more about Russia's interference with our election, with Brexit and with almost any other thing you can think of. I am going to ignore for a day the fact that that overgrown moron has taken steps to negate our freedom of the press. Today, today is the day I take a selfish break.
     Today is my day. ME day. I go for my hour of movement therapy and work with some great and caring people, young people, who give me hope for my future as well as the country's. I will have some great conversations and Face Times with the kids and mini kids and share some laughs. I will let in more of the light and the love today, enough to overcome the stink of corruption and greed.
     Today is a fun day wherein I get to pick a new phone and see the even more complicated things to do on it and then I will stick to my old fashioned phone calls, texting, and playing my Whirly Word game. Maybe I will even figure out What'sapp   and laugh at myself and my silly errors. Today is the day when I voice my wishes and longing for my good old lip phone! With its great little keyboard!
     Today, today is the day when I read a good book, nothing deep, just a good thriller from one of my favorite authors. Today is the day when I will not only do the NY Times crossword but I will also dig out a Times crossword book and do some more. Crosswords are good for the soul and the head!
     Today is the day to watch some movies from the library, ones we missed in the theater and want to see. Again, nothing deep, depressing or sad. Just good action movies where I can lose myself in the action and admire the special effects.
We're on vacation, as the song went, and at least for a day I will refuse to look at CNN - okay, just once or twice, maybe. I will refuse to allow that creep into my house today. I will refuse to think on the scary fact that he is destroying the world as we know it, taking down our country and its democracy, from ripping up state papers to telling vast lies to disrespecting all save his own family and I am not even sure about that.
     Nope. No more about that goddam a-hole! Not today. Today I am on staycation and thinking of treating myself to a good ice cream shake over there in Carvel. The hell with diets and prohibitions today. Today is a staycation, a needed one, necessary to shake out the cobwebs and the filth left behind by that creep and remember that tomorrow, well, tomorrow is another day and another entry into the fray.
    But today? Today I am on staycation.

No comments:

Post a Comment