Thursday, February 4, 2021

CONFUSION A LA KING

     There  long running large and ever growing gray areas wherein much is lost and in confusion. What are and where are the red lines any more? Too many have  faded into oblivion. Where is the legal and moral point of contact and who determines that? Do we obey laws if they are legal but immoral? Or is immorality to be the scissors of society? Yet again, whose scissors and who controls the handles?    

    So I am confused. These are questions that consume the air in college dorms and apparently all the usable breathable oxygen from the brains of politicians. Families and friends have been arguing these points at every gathering. More acerbic than ever. So I am confused. What then and how then can we fix these issues or are  we doomed to perpetual societal conflict?

    The answers to these questions are way above my pay grade. However, it seems so contradictory. There are so many good people who are quietly living their lives, doing good for others, raising decent families, and there are also the noise makers with a deadly combination of lethal stupidity, ignorance, and live ammunition. How  do we or can we  ever reconcile these polar opposites?

    Are words weapons? They appear to be so to me and to many others. I can say 'I hate you; but not if I follow it with 'so I will kill you or we will kill you'. You may not use words to incite violence and havoc. We must not be allowed to hide behind legal pettifoggery. When a supposed national leader engages in summoning, collecting, inciting and lighting  fuses of a hate filled mob then he must be indicted and convicted and punished via the laws of legality and morality, working in tandem for a just and moral society.

    Hence, I am confused. Far wiser and more cogent thinkers have written, argued, discussed these matters and yet we remain in the state of confusion ala king. G-d help us, for I see no more paths to clarity. No more paths for clear and pure morality and no clear path to a definition of moral and mitigating circumstances.

    Oof ! At this point we are all swimming our way through overwhelming clouds of dark and gray. I need some breakfast so I can think. Maybe we all need to go have some breakfast, But then again what if one has no food to eat breakfast? Oof  -more confusion.

    Come to me, my Rice Krispies.

No comments:

Post a Comment